Brock Biology Of Microorganisms 13th Edition By Madigan – Test Bank
ISBN-10: 032164963X, ISBN-13: 978-0321649638
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1)Which statement is generally NOT true?
A) Microbial cells include both bacteria and viruses. B) Microbial cells exclude the cells of plants and animals. C) Microbial cells carry out their life processes of growth independently. D) Microbial cells exist as single cells.
2) Basic microbiology can be used to
A) model our understanding of cellular processes in multicellular organisms, including humans. B)probe the fundamental processes of life. C) study characteristics of cells of multicellular organisms. D) do all of the above.
3) Applied microbiology deals with important practical problems in
B) medicine. C) agriculture.
D) all of the above.
4) The largest mass of living material on Earth comes from
B) animals. C) plants.
D) plants and animals together.
5) Differential selection and reproduction of phenotypes occurs during a process called
B) cellular differentiation. C) growth.
6) In what/which domain(s) of life is/are microorganisms represented?
B) Archaea C) Bacteria
D) all of the above
7) A specific molecule, used especially by evolutionary biologists, that is unique to a particular taxonomical group is called a
B) taxon. C) metabolic tracer.
8) Protein catalysts involved in the acceleration of the rate of chemical reactions are called
A) catalytic converters.
B) growth agents. C) enzymes.
There are no reviews yet.