C++ Programming Principles and Practices for Scientists and Engineers International Edition 4th Edition Gary J Bronson
Chapter 1: Preliminaries
- Frequently, when you don’t know the final conversion factor, making intermediate conversions can get you to the correct result easily.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 9
- Another term for a program or set of programs is software.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 16
- A top-level structure diagram, also called a first-level structure diagram, represents the first overall structure of the program the designer has selected.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 18
- Selection provides the capability to make a choice between different operations, depending on the result of some condition.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 19
- Testing reveals all existing program errors.
ANS: F PTS: 1 REF: 19
- It is critical to make and keep backup copies of the program at each step of the programming and debugging process.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 21
- Because each class of computers—such as IBM, Apple, and Hewlett-Packard—has its own particular machine language, writing machine-language programs is tedious and time consuming.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 29
- C++ is predominantly a compiled language.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 30
- Until the 1990s, the majority of high-level programming languages were object-oriented.
ANS: F PTS: 1 REF: 32
- Structured programs are created using a set of well-defined structures organized into individual programming sections.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 34
There are no reviews yet.