Communicating in Groups Applications and Skills 10Th Edition By Katherine Adams – Test Bank
Small Groups as the Heart of Society
Multiple Choice Questions
- (p. 5)The first group you encounter in your life is the
A. friend group.
B. religious group.
C. family group.
D. neighborhood group.
E. social group.
- (p. 5) In a survey of leading American companies, the ability to work in teams was ranked _____,in a decreasing order of preference, by a majority of businesspeople when describing characteristics of the ideal MBA (Master of Business Administration) graduate.
- (p. 8)An advantage to group problem solving is that
A. a group as a wholetakes less timeto reach a solution than do individual members.
B. a group is more likely to reach a “correct” solution compared withitsmost skilled member.
C. group members do not provide a diversity of opinions, information, orissues.
D. groupmembers who are involved in solving a problem or planning a procedure usually understand that procedure and work hard to implement it.
E. group members usually have a lot of information about a specific topic.
- (p. 8–9)Groups working on problems with multiple solutions typically make higher-quality decisions than do individuals because
A. the groups have more information relevant to the problems than do individuals.
B. the members often help each other correct one another’s misinformation.
C. thegroups usually have a much larger number of possible solutions to choose from.
D. the members are more likely to accept a solution they had a hand in designing.
E. all of the answers are correct.
- (p. 9)Problems most suitable for groups are the ones
A. in which recognized experts have determined the best solution.
B. in which time is short and a decision must be made quickly.
C. in which there are several acceptable solutions and one best solution does not exist.
D. in which conditions are changing rapidly.
E. that are fairly simple.
There are no reviews yet.