Concepts of Fitness And Wellness A Comprehensive Lifestyle Approach 12th Edition By Charles Corbin – Test Bank
Chapter 1 Health, Wellness, Fitness, and Healthy Lifestyles: An Introduction
1) Which of the following best summarizes the components of the “HELP” acronym?
- A) Healthy Lifestyle Planning
- B) Health is available to Everyone for a Lifetime and it’s Personal
- C) Home Education for Lifestyle Planning
- D) Health Education for Lifeskills and Prevention
2) In the HELP philosophy, the “E” in HELP stands for
- A) Equal.
- B) Everyone.
- C) Empathy.
- D) Elated.
3) What is the broad vision of the Healthy People Initiative?
- A) Reduce cancer rates and increase the average lifespan.
- B) Create a society in which all people live long, healthy lives.
- C) Improve health care access for all Americans.
- D) Promote fitness and healthy lifestyles.
4) “Disparities in health” refers to differences in health
- A) across ethnic and income groups.
- B) by levels of fitness.
- C) over time.
- D) across countries.
5) An overarching goal of the Healthy People Initiative is to increase both ________ and ________.
- A) healthspan; lifespan
- B) metabolic fitness; functional fitness
- C) fitness; wellness
- D) cardiorespiratory endurance; muscular endurance
6) To achieve ________, we must eliminate ethnicity, income, gender, and age health disparities.
- A) health equity
- B) the HELP philosophy
- C) wellness
- D) hypokinetic fitness
7) When someone can enjoyably do the activities of life with little or no limitation and can function independently, they are said to have
- A) emotional quotient.
- B) emotional satisfaction.
- C) health-related quality of life.
- D) hardiness.
There are no reviews yet.