Crime and Punishment A History of the Criminal Justice System 2nd International Edition – Test Bank
- “Only a fool would go out to dinner without having made his will” refers to which ancient city?
- Which of the following ancient police forces also served in a firefighting capacity?
- the Urban Cohort
- the Praetorian Guard
- the Klingon Legion
- the Vigiles*
- In ancient society treason was typically punished with
- the death penalty*
- corporal punishment
- The wergild
- was used to gain confessions from heretics*
- was a form of compensation paid by the accused to a victim
- encouraged revenge by the victim’s family
- was a Roman innovation
- Death by the drinking of hemlock
- was the main means of execution in Rome
- was the most merciful form of execution in Athens*
- was instituted by Constantine
- was not allowed by the Greeks because it is suicide
- The first Roman emperor to convert to Christianity was
- Which law code is least likely to prescribe torture for punishment?
There are no reviews yet.