Criminal Courts A Contemporary Perspective 3rd Edition By Hemmens – Test Bank
Multiple Choice Questions:
- What type of courts are experimenting with alternatives to the traditional sanctions of probation, jail, and prison?
- juvenile courts
- all criminal courts
*c. specialized courts
- civil courts
- Hammurabi’s code governed relationships in society related to what?
*a. sexual behavior, property rights, theft, and acts of violence
- sexual behavior
- property rights
- acts of violence
- What perspective views law as basically a neutral framework for patching up conflicts between individuals and groups who primarily share the same set of fundamental values?
- the precedent perspective
- the Packer perspective
- the conflict perspective
*d. the consensus perspective
- According to the conflict perspective of law, laws work for the benefit of _____.
*a. The rich
- The middle class
- The poor
- All citizens
- Conflict perspective on law derives much from which philosopher?
- Thomas Aquinas
*c. Karl Marx
- Niccolò Machiavelli
- Which of the following is not one of Reichel’s three irreducible elements of law?
- Supremacy of fundamental values
*b. Universal application of the fundamental values
- Holding government to the fundamental values
d. The writing down of fundamental values
There are no reviews yet.