Electronic Devices 10th Edition By Thomas L. Floyd Test Bank
TRUE/FALSE. Write ‘T’ if the statement is true and ‘F’ if the statement is false.
1) The typical barrier potential for silicon is 0.3 V.
2) In the quantum model of the atom, an orbital is a discrete energy level where an electron is found.
3) Silicon doped with impurities is used in the manufacture of semiconductor devices.
4) A p-type semiconductor has relatively few free electrons.
5) Hole flow occurs in the conduction band.
6) The valence band has lower energy than the conduction band.
7) The energy difference between the valence band and the conduction band in a substance is called
the thermal gap.