Test Bank For Applied Statistics From Bivariate Through Multivariate Techniques 2nd Edition Warner
ISBN-13: 978-1412991346, ISBN-10: 141299134X
Chapter 1: Review of Basic Concepts
- A researcher uses a six-sided dice to determine group membership. The sampling method being used is:
- random sample.
- stratified sample.
- convenience sample.
- clustered sample.
2.The level of measurement has an absolute 0 as a meaningful value is:
- The level of measurement for a 10-point pain scale where 1 is no pain and 10 is very painful is:
4.Likert-scaled instruments could be considered all BUT what level of measurement:
5.The Gaussian distribution is also known as the ____________ distribution:
- Approximately two-thirds of all values in the standard normal distribution fall within how many standard deviations of the mean:
- This element is not typically included in a behavioral experiment:
- a treatment or intervention
- assessment of an outcome.
- random assignment
- uncontrolled variables
- The degree to which a study’s results can be replicated in real world settings is:
- rival explanation
- temporal precedence
- external validity
- internal validity
- What type of analysis should be used for a between-S design with more than two levels for the independent variable group:
- repeated measures analysis of variance
- one-way analysis of variance
- independent samples t-test
- Friedman analysis of variance
- A researcher has a categorical independent variable and a quantitative dependent variable. Which of the following analyses would not be appropriate:
- paired-samples t-test
- one-way between S analysis of variance
- chi-square test of association
- Wilcoxon signed-rank test
There are no reviews yet.