Test Bank For Core Concepts in Pharmacology 3rd Edition By Holland – Adams
ISBN-10: 0135077591, ISBN-13: 9780135077597
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1) The term pharmacology is defined as:
A) The study of medicine.
B) The use of medicine to treat disease.
C) The branch of medicine concerned with the treatment of disease and suffering.
D) The use of herbs, natural extracts, vitamins, minerals, or dietary supplements to treat
2) In addition to physicians, which of the following health care providers are able to prescribe
medications? Select all that apply.
A) Physicianʹs assistants B) Medical assistants
C) Advanced nurse practitioners D) Dentists
3) The branch of medicine concerned with the treatment of disease and suffering is known as:
A) Therapeutics. B) Pathophysiology.
C) Pharmacology. D) Pharmacotherapeutics.
4) Which of the following best describes the term pharmaceutics?
A) Herbs, natural extracts, vitamins, minerals, and dietary supplements
B) The science of preparing and dispensing drugs, and a very important part of
C) Agents naturally produced in animal cells, in microorganisms, or by the body itself
D) The use of medicine to treat disease
5) Which of the following are considered medically therapeutic? Select all that apply.
A) Natural alternative therapies B) Biologics
C) Traditional drugs D) Sunscreens and antiperspirants
6) Therapeutic drugs are sometimes classified on the basis of how they are produced. Insulin would
fall into which category?
A) Traditional therapeutic drug B) Biologics
C) Natural therapy D) Alternative therapies
There are no reviews yet.