Test Bank For Drug Use and Abuse A Comprehensive Introduction International 8th Edition by Howard Abadinsky
- The cost of alcohol abuse is __________ the social cost of all illegal drugs.
- about half as much as
- about the same as
ANS: C REF: 4 LO: 4
- Drunk driving is reputed to be the direct cause of __________ deaths in the United States annually.
ANS: D REF: 12 LO: 4
- Numerous definitions of drug abuse reflect __________, not scientific insight.
- social values
- legal specificity
- frequency and amount of use
- both a and b
ANS: A REF: 5 LO: 3
- According to the Drug Enforcement Administration, drug addiction is:
- a chronic, relapsing brain disease characterized by compulsive drug seeking and use.
- a compulsive behavior that is driven by psychological factors.
- a behavior that drug addicts can stop at any time.
- the use of illegal substances or legal substances used in a disapproved manner.
ANS: A REF: 4 LO: 1
- What is the most frequently used legal drug in the stimulants category?
- b. cocaine
ANS: C REF: 2 LO: 2
- MDMA is also known as ____________.
ANS: A REF: 2 LO: 2