Test Bank For Effective Training 1st Canadian Edition
CHAPTER ONE: TRAINING IN ORGANIZATIONS
- Training is
- an isolated program of activity that tries to continuously improve employees.
- a set of processes aimed at improving organizational systems and employees.
- an isolated set of programs aimed at continuously improving employees and organizational systems, including training itself.
- a process aimed at providing an opportunity for employees to learn KSAs for current or future jobs. (easy; p. 14)
- a set of emergency procedures that tries to improve employees and organizational systems, including training itself.
- Demographic shifts have occurred as a result of
- higher birth rates.
- the aging population. (easy; p.9)
- reduced diversity of ethnic and cultural makeup.
- overlapping values of the newer generation employees.
- Which of the following statements is NOT true. The advancement of technology has allowed for:
- many employees to be able to work outside company walls
- new workflow systems
- less requirement for worker knowledge (moderate; p.10)
- both A & B
- all of the above
- What is ISO 9000?
- A series of standards to assure consistency in product quality. (easy; p.11)
- An HR software package.
- A quality standard set by the Japanese.
- A strategic quality forecasting model.
- All of the above.