Test Bank For Guide to Network Defense and Countermeasures 3e Randy Weaver Dawn Weaver Dean Farwood
Chapter 1 – Network Security Fundamentals
1. A packet monkey is an unskilled programmer who spreads viruses and other malicious scripts to exploit computer weaknesses.
ANS: F PTS: 1 REF: 3
2. A worm creates files that copy themselves repeatedly and consume disk space.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 5
3. Physical security protects a system from theft, fire, or environmental disaster.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 12
4. Reviewing log files is a time-consuming task and therefore should only be done when an attack on the network has occurred.
ANS: F PTS: 1 REF: 17
5. With discretionary access control, network users can share information with other users, making it more risky than MAC.