Test Bank For Healthcare Management Organization Design And Behavior 6th Edition By Lawton Burns
1. “Value” for health care firms is defined as the quotient of ____________________ divided by cost.
And Answer is: Quality
2. Health care costs rise inexorably because of rising ____________________ costs and its broad
application to new patients and patient indications.
And Answer is: Technology
3. Due to malpractice insurance premiums, some argue that significant cost savings could be achieved
through the passage and enactment of ____________________.
And Answer is: Tort Reform
4. The one issue that currently unites the entire value chain in health care is ____________________.
5. One of several reasons the health care system is slow to change is that the industry is heavily regulated
at both the state and ____________________ levels by myriad agencies and professional associations.
And Answer is: Federal
6. In 2009, President Obama’s stimulus package included funding for the diffusion of
____________________ medical records across physician offices to begin to address problems of data
And Answer is: Electronic
7. The scientific management school (Taylor, 1911) extended the Weberian model by explicitly
emphasizing the “control” element of ____________________.
And Answer is: Bureaucracy
8. ____________________ network structure can be analyzed in two ways: in terms of interaction
patterns and in terms of structural similarity.
And Answer is: Social
9. The ____________________ adaptive systems approaches are composed of multiple, diverse,
interconnected elements; and are adaptive in that they have the capability to change and learn from
And Answer is: Complex
10. The different theoretical schools suggest different strategies for changing organizations and different
____________________ that managers need to develop.
And Answer is: Competencies