Test Bank For Human Anatomy 6th Edition Saladin
Human Anatomy, 6e (Saladin)
Chapter 1 The Study of Human Anatomy
1) Which of the following is not true?
A) Anatomy is the study of the structure of the body.
B) Gross anatomy is the study of tissues and cells.
C) Comparative anatomy is the study of more than one species.
D) Regional anatomy is the study of multiple organ systems in a specific area of the body.
E) Systemic anatomy focuses on one organ system at a time.
2) The study of microscopic tissues is called .
B) gross anatomy
3) A subdiscipline of anatomy in which multiple organ systems are studied in a specific area of
the body is anatomy.
4) anatomy is the study of structures visible to the naked eye.
5) Functional goes beyond simply studying the structure of organs and provides
reasons for them.
6) Regional anatomy is the study of multiple organ systems at once in a particular portion of the
7) Which of the following is true regarding systemic versus regional anatomy?
A) Systemic anatomy focuses on only one system at a time.
B) Regional anatomy focuses on only one system at a time.
C) Systemic anatomy focuses on several organ systems.
D) Systemic anatomy focuses on several regions of the body.
8) Auscultation is .
A) listening to natural sounds made by the body
B) looking at the body’s appearance in a physical examination
C) feeling a structure with the hands
D) tapping on the body and feeling for resistance
E) examining test results for diagnosis of symptoms involving the abdominal cavity
9) Feeling a structure, like a swollen lymph node, with the hands is called _ .
10) Listening to natural sounds made by the body is called .
11) If a physician feels for broken bones under the skin, she would be utilizing the method of
study referred to as.