Test Bank For Human Body in Health and Illness 6th Edition Herlihy
Chapter 01: Introduction to the Human Body
Herlihy: The Human Body in Health and Illness, 6th Edition
1. What is the branch of science that studies how the body functions?
2. Which word comes from the Greek word meaning “to dissect”?
3. Which of the following is a higher order of organization?
4. The head is located to the chest.
5. The foot is located to the leg.
6. The leg is to the thigh.
7. The thigh is to the foot.
8. The thoracic cavity is to the abdominopelvic cavity.
9. The kneecap is located distal to the
10. Which organ is located in both the ventral and thoracic cavities?
d. Spinal cord
11. Which organ is located in the ventral cavity but not in the thoracic cavity?
12. Which organ is located in the dorsal cavity?
d. Urinary bladder
13. Which of the following is descriptive of the location of the reproductive organs?
a. Dorsal cavity and vertebral cavity
b. Mediastinum and the thoracic cavity
c. Ventral cavity and pelvic cavity