Human Resource Information Systems Basics Applications and Future Directions 3rd Edition by Michael J. Kavanagh -Test Bank
Chapter 1: Evolution of Human Resource Management and Human Resource Information Systems: The Role of Information Technology
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The alignment of the HRM function with organizational goals is referred to as:
A. an HR balanced scorecard
*B. Strategic human resources management (Strategic HRM)
C. concreteness or congruence
D. Human Resources program evaluation
2. To add value to HRM, the use of an HRIS is focused primarily on increasing which of the following kind of tasks or activities?
3. Decision support systems:
*A. enable users to develop “what if” scenarios.
B. computations and calculations used to review and document human resources decisions and practices.
C. systems that recommend actions the user can take based on the information provided.
D. the set of topics on which the human resource information system collects and maintains information.
4. To improve the effectiveness of the HR function, activities that can be handled through computerization are:
A. strategic planning
D. all of the above
5. In the systems model of organizational functioning in the book, the general factor that can cause changes for all the other factors of the total system is:
A. the HR strategy of other firms in the market place
B. the amount and sophistication of HRIS technology
C. the strategic management system
*D. the national culture where the organization operates
6. The systems model of organizational functioning indicates that the strategy of the firm, the HR strategy, and HR programs:
*A. should be in alignment with each other
B. should impact only on HR metrics
C. should drive the competition for resources
D. should define proper HRIS development & use