Test Bank For Principles of Web Design The Web Technologies Series 5th Edition by Joel Sklar
Chapter 1: HTML and the Modern Web
- The W3C was founded before HTML was first formalized.
ANS: F PTS: 1 REF: 9-10
- The various committees that make up the W3C look to expand and set standards for the many new Web technologies that have emerged.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 10
- XML does not allow you to create your own elements.
ANS: F PTS: 1 REF: 11
- It is best practice to use all uppercase characters for element and attribute names when writing HTML5.
ANS: F PTS: 1 REF: 20
- HTML is a What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) layout tool.
ANS: F PTS: 1 REF: 29
- Most recent HTML authoring tools offer syntax validation and code conversion.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 29
- A page that you create in an editing interface will always look exactly the same in every browser.
ANS: F PTS: 1 REF: 30
- Following the W3C standards does not mean that your site has to be visually uninteresting, although you may have to sacrifice the latest multimedia enhancements.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 31
- Standardizing coding practices helps clean up most common coding errors.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 32
- Migrating from HTML to HTML5 in an existing site should be done as quickly as possible.
ANS: F PTS: 1 REF: 32-33
- The ____ element tag indicates that the text is a top-level heading.
ANS: B PTS: 1 REF: 4
- HTML elements should be used properly to describe each section of the document based on the ____ structure of the document.
ANS: D PTS: 1 REF: 4
- Every browser interprets HTML in its own way, based on its ____.
ANS: C PTS: 1 REF: 5
- ____ lets you control the presentation characteristics of an entire Web site with a single style sheet document.
ANS: C PTS: 1 REF: 6
- A ____ is a set of rules that describes the display characteristics of a document.
ANS: B PTS: 1 REF: 6
- Tim Berners-Lee first proposed HTML at the European Laboratory for Particle Physics (CERN) in ____.
ANS: C PTS: 1 REF: 9
- The need for new markup languages and standards to address new demands is handled by the ____.
ANS: D PTS: 1 REF: 9-10
- The W3C released version 4.01 of ____ in 1999.
ANS: B PTS: 1 REF: 11
- ____ follows the markup rules of ____.
|a.||XML; XHTML||c.||HTML; XML|
|b.||XHTML; XML||d.||HTML; XHTML|
ANS: B PTS: 1 REF: 12
- In XHTML, empty elements are marked with a(n) ____ slash.
|a.||cancel element||c.||closing slash|
|b.||end tag||d.||null string|