Test Bank For Traditions & Encounters A Global Perspective on the Past 6Th Edition By Jerry Bentley
Multiple Choice Questions
- (p. 5)The earth came into existence around
A. five hundred million years ago.
B. one billion years ago.
C. four to five billion years ago.
D. ten billion years ago.
E. twenty-seven billion years ago.
- (p. 6)The term prehistory refers to the period before
B. the first hominid.
C. the appearance of Homo sapiens.
D. 1000 B.C.E.
E. the work of the Greek historian Herodotus.
- (p. 6)From the period four million to one million years ago, which of the following flourished in east Africa?
A. Homo sapiens sapiens
B. Homo erectus
C. Neandertal peoples
D. Homo sapiens
- (p. 6-7)Which of the following statements about Australopithecus is NOT true?
A. They produced cleavers and hand axes.
B. They traveled deliberately over distances as far as fifteen kilometers.
C. They walked on two legs, thus freeing their arms to work independently.
D. They produced choppers and scrapers.
E. They were hominids.
- (p. 7)The most important development of Homo erectus was
B. stone tools.
C. walking upright on two legs.
D. their communication skills.
There are no reviews yet.